The lightweight, transparent Wingabago® carrier for birds and exotic pets gives your pet a clear view of their surroundings and allows you to monitor their safety quickly. Birds do not feel trapped or claustrophobic in the Wingabago®. They can see out and you can see in. Veterinarians consulted indicated bird experience less stress during travel if they can see their owners.
The Wingabago® is made of FDA approved, food grade plastic, which is stronger, more resilient and lighter weight than acrylic carriers of similar size.
The Wingabago® is designed for birds by bird owners. Some important features are:
- The Wingabago® is easily secured in the car by using your car’s seatbelt system.
- All the mess is contained inside the carrier, not all over your car.
- Keeps curious beaks contained. They can’t chew through your armrest, seat belt strap or car upholstery. We’ve heard stories!
- Easy to clean. There are no seams or right angles for poop to get stuck in. All corners are rounded.
- Won’t damage you or your car. There are no sharp edges to scratch or gouge you or your car upholstery.
- Birds can perch naturally. The perch is high enough off the bottom of the carrier that most birds can perch with their tail off the ground, and, the perch is low enough that if they fall off the perch, they can get back on.
- The Wingabago® protects your bird from drafts from wind and air conditioners.
- The Wingabago® carrier nest in two halves reducing required storage space when not in use.
- The most important feature is that birds really love their Wingabago®. They can see everything going on around them, but they feel safe and secure inside their Wingabago®.
The Wingabago® is more than just a travel carrier. In addition to travel, the Wingabago® can be used for a number of other purposes:
- Comfortable bedroom. We were surprised to learn from many Wingabago® owners that their bird sleeps in their Wingabago®.
- Mess Free Dining Room. Some birds are just like babies. Food everywhere. Mealtime in the Wingabago® contains the mess, and makes cleanup easier.
- Soothing Sick Room. Keep sick birds warm and calm in their Wingabago®. It also keeps sick birds quarantined from healthy birds.
- Time Out Room. We don’t like to think the Wingabago® could be associated with punishment, but it works! Buster, the Amazon in the small carrier picture, is quite the screamer. When the pain gets too great, Buster gets to spend some quality alone time in her Wingabago®.
The Wingabago® comes with everything you will need. Both size carriers come with 3 dowel perches (3/4”, 1”, and 1 ¼” diameter), 2 stainless steel food and water cups, the all important toy hangar, and a travel safety guide.
To add versatility to your Wingabago®, we offer some optional accessories. Add a:
- Stainless Steel Wire Door. The wire door adds versatility and additional ventilation to your Wingabago®. We strongly recommend a stainless steel door if you live in an area with warm temperatures above 75, and you plan on taking your bird outdoors for periods of time. Never leave any carrier out in direct sunlight or in a car unattended. The stainless steel wire door is also required for airline travel. With the stainless steel door, the Wingabago® complies with airline cargo regulations. The stainless steel doors also gives you the option to move the food/water bowl, attach a water bottle or a toy. Some birds like to hang and some people like to stick their fingers through the bars to give their bird a reassuring touch.
- BagoWrap. The BagoWrap is a custom made cover designed for the Wingabago®. It gives your bird privacy for sleeping and security, and it blocks drafts and sun. The BagoWrap is made of durable cotton with a white cotton liner. There is a cutout in the top to fit the handle through, so you can carry the Wingabago® with the cover on. There are tiebacks for each front flap so you can have one or both flaps open.
- Cage Catcher Liners are cut to fit the bottom of the Wingabago®. They are white waxed paper liners. They are non-absorbent and hypoallergenic. Perfect for trips to the vet. You can provide a clean sample. 30 liners per package
What size do I need?
The Wingabago® comes in two sizes:
The Small Wingabago® measures 12 x 12 x 17, and weighs less than seven pounds. The perch sits 4” above the bottom of the carrier. The small Wingabago® is the right size for small birds like Cockatiels, Senegal Parrots, Caiques, Quaker Parrots, Green Cheek, Sun and Nanday Conures and other similar size birds.
The Large Wingabago® measures 15 x 15 x 22, and weighs less than nine pounds. The perch sits 6” above the bottom of the carrier. The large Wingabago® is the right size for Cockatoos, including Moluccans, and Mini Macaws. The large Wingabago® is not recommended for full size Macaws. It is not big enough to accommodate the long tail.
For medium size birds like Amazons, African Greys, Eclectuses, and smaller Cockatoos, either size will work. It all depends on how you will use it. If your primary use is to transport your bird for short trips to the vet and around town, we recommend the small Wingabago®. IF you would like to take your bird on vacation with you, we recommend the large Wingabago®. It gives them more room.
To give you an idea here are a couple of pictures of our Amazon, Buster, in both the small and large carrier. Buster is a large Amazon.
Can the Wingabago® be used for air travel?
Yes. With the optional stainless steel wire door, the Wingabago® complies with airline cargo regulations. Your bird can travel in their Wingabago® in cargo. The carrier is too large to travel in the main cabin. Each airline has different rules and regulations, so please contact the individual airlines before you fly.
For those of you who say “I’d never put my bird in cargo” you need to consider that sometimes the only alternative would be to give your bird way. What would be more traumatic to these intelligent, bonded family members—a few hours in a pressurized, climate controlled cargo hold or the loss of your family for the rest of its life?
Comments from a few customers:
“My bird and I both love the Wingabago® carrier. He’s like a little king in it. Before, when we went anywhere, he used to scream so it was painful for both of us. I think it’s the best carrier I’ve seen.” J.M. (owned by a Conure and an African Grey)
“If you are considering investing in a quality carrier for your parrot, don’t waste your money on others like I did – the Wingabago® is the only way to go! Traveling with my Grey used to be major trauma and drama until I purchased the Wingabago®. Now going places is stress free for both of us, thanks to this carrier that is as stylish as it is functional. It is worth every penny, and I highly recommend the Wingabago® to all bird owners.” M.G. (owned by an African Grey)
“My Moluccans did great flying from Hawaii to Oregon in cargo. They barely had a feather out of place and weren’t even shaking!!!” D.S. (owned by two Moluccans who are military kids)
“The Wingabago® is the greatest product. We have now eliminated all bird rage. He looks forward to getting into his Wingabago®. He loves it! New Year’s Eve he was able to go onto the screened lanai with everyone and enjoy the party. It was cool, but he was protected in his Wingabago®. Every time someone came, he said, ‘Hello’ and danced to the music.” G.S. (owned by a Timneh Grey)
“The Wingabago® has arrived! What a perfect product! Hannah is usually somewhat nervous of new things, but not her new Wingabago®. She’s ready to go – and in style! Thanks for a quality product, super fantastic service, and for making my parrot comfortably mobile!” R.D. (owned by an African Grey)
“Archie loves his carrier. Before, he used to cry all the way to and from the vet. Today, he just sat and looked all around. He’s a very happy guy!” G.S. (owned by an African Grey)
“You’ll be happy to hear that Chief and your Wingabago® made the trip just fine! He’s doing well now, but he had to endure a lot over the 2 flights – including 5 hours layover in L.A. and another hour at Frankfurt, Germany customs office when we arrived.”
Note: Chief is a Moluccan Cockatoo military kid who made the trip from Hawaii to Germany. He traveled in cargo as required on most international flights.